Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fill In The Blank

I had heard from other Missionary Moms that sometimes it can be very overwhelming those first few days, weeks and even months into the mission.  One fun idea I heard about to help keep the communication flowing was a "Fill in the Blank" letter.  We'd write our questions in more of a statement format and all he'd have to do was fill in the blank!  We decided to do it!  These are the "statements" we sent with his "answers" underlined:


I would consider being able to actually talk to some people in German and getting 30 phone numbers the second day as my greatest success on my mission so far.

The first thing I thought when I stepped onto the plane to go to Germany was, oh my gosh this is actually happening.

During the plane ride I felt tired and groggy.

My first thought when I stepped off of the plane into Germany was boom, IT IS TIME!

I sat next to Elder Bennett on the plane. It was in alphabetical order.

My favorite German food that I have eaten so far is this Frankisch roast I ate it at Bruder Steinbrechers house.

My favorite scripture this week is Ether 12:27 because it's helped out a ton with this guy that we are currently teaching!


Ether 12:27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.


My companion and I work really well together because he is so fun and outgoing and he loves the Lord. This was a huge blessing whenever we run into people on the street and we both can just start talking to anyone.

The hardest thing about being on my mission is learning the language and actually talking in German to people, but it has helped me to learn penitence and become better at trusting in God.

I am really good at just walking up and talking to people it helped me a lot when ever we are on the streets and on buses or in a park. I can just go up and try to start a conversation.

I'm not so good at - nothing, I'm a champ! -  jk I keep falling asleep during study time I am becoming better by trying not to fall asleep!

The thing that makes me happiest while being in Germany is talking to people and trying to make friends and make them happy.

The first thing I thought when I met my companion was "sweet, he looks pretty cool and normal".

I am most afraid to order food at restaurants cause i keep messing up and getting the wrong food.

The funniest word I've screwed up is  -  I dunno, but on a train our first day here this lady told Elder Hawker that she thought we were good looking, he said, "thanks its our super cool haircuts huh?" Except for instead of hair cut he accidentally said C sections.

The most beautiful thing I've seen is the old city of Rothenberg.

I'm proud of myself for being Me. Good ole Elder Anderson.

God loves me as evidenced by giving me a great area and a super cool companion.

The first German Food I ate was a Dönner, and it tasted disgusting. It is so bad for you. Aghh Yucky!

My first Missionary experience was on a train to the Frankfurt offices with Elder Jensen and I felt like a pro.

The German people so far are pretty cool. Not very talkative, but if they like you, they really like you.

Each day I look forward to meeting new souls.

If you sent me a package I'd love to get skinny ties (Kowhai will know what is cool)  and money!! haha.

So far the weather in Germany is hot!! Still getting my summer tan on my face and arms!

I want everyone at home to know I love them and I love the people of Germany!!

If you'd like to send in any "statements" for Nik's furture "Fill in the Blank" letters, please feel free!  You can leave a comment, e-mail me, text me or FB message me.  We'd love to add your "statements".

No comments:

Post a Comment