|On a split with Elder Andrus|
Monday, November 24, 2014
"I’m healthy again!"
Man, that last week was a good week… once I started to feel better, haha. But good news. I am feeling great right now. Life is good and I am super happy and pretty healthy again. Thank you all for your prayers on my behalf.
I don’t have that much time this week. But I just wanted to let you all know that I am feeling great.
We had a ton of success this last week and the work is really starting to progress.
The Christmas season is really starting to pick up out here. I’m looking forward to that! Let me know what I can send you all for Christmas. I miss you all so much!
Thanks also for the awesome emails. They make my week every week! Looks like you all had a great week!
Well, I gotta bounce. But I love you!!!!
Elder Nikora Anderson
Monday, November 17, 2014
|Zone Training Selfie|
"I am sick, but Successful!"
Hey everyone, yet another Monday. One of my favorite days. Get to email my loved ones! This week was so amazing. Things just worked out really really well. But not gonna lie, I am wasted, super sick. I feel sorta like I just got hit by a truck. I wasn’t feeling too hot a couple weeks ago. And it has just gotten progressively worse .. Schade. But that’s ok. We still went out every day and have just been rocking it. There is so much momentum in our area right now.
Some of my highlights from this week are:
1. Zone Training. We had an awesome Zone Training. It was a really good time we got to spend time getting to know everyone and the lessons that we had were wonderful. We had a hilarious finding lesson from the American Elders. They likened finding people to a rodeo. We have a great Zone here and I love serving with all of the people here. The Zone Training was focused on Family. We talked about love and how the power of love will really help people to change and how we need to Love one another. So at the end of Zone Training we had a banner that said "Family Friedrichsdorf". So now, instead of referring to the Zone as a Zone, it is the Family. The Friedrichsdorf Family. It’s working out pretty great right now.
2. We have 2 baptismal dates coming up in the near future! We invited Timmy and Eve to be baptized on the 20th of Dec. They accepted it and they are really excited. What made this experience cool was the fact that they really want to be baptized and they know some of the things that they will have to change in order to be baptized. Pray for them that they will have the spirit with them and that they will continue to make awesome progress.
3. We had a couple of awesome street displays this week. One was in Hannau. We saw a ton of success from that. And then later in the week, we had one here in Wiesbaden! So great. We got 2 new Investigators, 6 phone numbers and 10 Books of Mormon given out in just 1 hour!! Goin’ Hard.
Family, I love you guys so much. Thank you for everything that you do. Thank you for the weekly emails and all the love support and the prayers!
Thought of this week.. I really learned the importance of just pushing through and working hard to see the miracles even if I feel like death. Haha Also, please pray that Ill be feeling better. I don’t like feeling sick.
But as always. I am super happy. Not really healthy. And the work is amazing and I love this work.
I love you,
|Street Display in Hannau!|
Monday, November 10, 2014
"My life is pretty beautiful right now!"
Hey everybody. This week was a great one. Sooo busy with splits and what not. But seriously, this week was beautiful.
So, we were supposed to go to Friedrichsdorf for our Zone Training meeting this last week. But DB (DeutscheBahn, the public transport here) decided to go on strike for the week. So that meant no one could make it to the meeting. So we just moved it to this week.
I went on a split with Elder Ball this last week. Super great guy. We get along really well. And I was also on a split with Elder Christensen out of Friedrichsdorf, also a champ.
So a few highlights of this week. . . We got 8 new Investigators!!!
First off in the week, we were meeting with Alin. His Aunt and Uncle were there and so we started to teach them. They really enjoyed our message and really opened up. The lady, Eve, was having a really hard time and she had heard that we have given blessings to other people in the family. So she asked for one and it went so well. They agreed to meet with us some more and really want to find God in their lives. Timmy and Eve. Pray for them.
Then a few days later we were just doing a few go-byes on less actives. There was a lady raking her leaves so we offered our help. She didn’t need any help but she talked to us for a good 10 min. And then invited us inside to talk with her and her husband. They are Jehovah Witnesses and it made for a pretty intense conversation. But they fed us cake and other goodies and then we exchanged numbers and we will be meeting again hopefully this week! Family Strein. Pray for them. Not yet official Investigators because we didn’t get a solid return appointment. But I think things will go well there.
Next miracle. Family Fingerhut. Went to London for vacation, saw the Book of Mormon musical, got our info and then gave us a ring. They said that the musical was funny and a little crude, but that they felt like there was something more to the story! So we went over and taught them about the Book of Mormon and the Gospel. They loved it and said (with out being asked too) that they would read the entire Book of Mormon before we meet again!
And then there was the family Hakim. They felt that there were evil spirits in their home and son. They wanted us to come and see if there was anything that we could do about it. We went over and Blessed and Dedicated their home and then gave their son a blessing. Really awesome opportunity. It felt really good in there when we left. The rest of the family asked for blessings as well and then we got to teach them from the Book of Mormon, they are really excited to learn more. Seriously love this little family. The kids love us and the mom and dad Herr und Frau Hakim, are so great. I am really excited to meet with them again this week.
Wanna know the great thing about this week. The families. I’ve been studying a ton about families and the importance of them and what they mean. I’m so glad that families are eternal. And what is really cool, I
is that all of these people that we found this week are tied so close to their families. I’m so glad that I will now get to testify to all of them about the importance of the family.
So yeah, really really great and crazy crazy busy week. Also have a crazy busy week this week. Pray that I will accomplish everything that God wants me to.
Thank you all for your e-mails. I love them and I love you. Crazy stuff. Errr-body getting married and what not. Shoooot, I’m getting old. Nahhh, Forever Young!
THE FAMILY IS FOREVER.
I love you guys.
Monday, November 3, 2014
|Welcoming the new comers into Wiesbaden!|
"I am so excited"
|The Friedrichsdorf Zone crew @ MLC|
Week 1 of the Transfer. Done and Down. It was awesome. Had a ton of really wonderful experiences this week. Also, I am really excited for this new transfer! Lets take a look at why!:
|The new Friedrichsdorf Zone crew @ MLC. |
Eating healthy (note the apple in my mouth)
1. Elder Noorda is the man! It’s been just a little bit of time. But we are getting along great. He is a really great missionary and I feel it an honor to serve with the guy. He is from Las Vegas and he has been out on his mission for 3 Months longer than I have. He is really good on the guitar (he has already taught me some chords). And he has a really solid testimony and work ethic. So it is going to be a blast working with him.
2. We found a new Investigator together our first day out on the streets! His name is Rafi. He is a man from Syria that actually fled because he was being persecuted for believing in Christ. So Pray for him and us that we will be able to help him progress and come nearer to Christ.
|And driving through Frankfurt. |
Cant really see anything in the pic, but thats ok.
(Gosh thanks for the amazing pic Elder Nik! - Love, mom) ;)
3. We had a really fun MLC and Transfer day. It was really weird seeing all the sisters from my group heading home. They were a really solid bunch. I also got to see a bunch of friends from throughout the mission. And then with MLC. As always it was really informative and spiritual. Learned a ton of things that I can use to help our area and Zone.
4. We had a really really good lesson with our friend Paulo. He is still progressing. We felt that we should help him better understand the Restoration. So we watched the DVD with him and the Family Martin. It was really awesome. He liked it and really felt the spirit. The end of the lesson was great as Elder Noorda and I were able to bare our testimonies to him. Spirit was way strong. The lesson made really was such a big highlight to my week.
5. Now what is going to be great is our Zone Training. It hasn’t happened yet. But it will be going down this Thursday! I’m really excited for it and I’ll be sure to take a ton of pics! We (Friedrichsdorf Zone Leadership) had a fun time planning it out! It will be great!
But yeah, that was my week, everybody. A really really solid time. I love you guys so much. Thanks for all that you all do. You are all amazing.
Also, it looks like you guys had a killer week! Way fun! DAD, you are the man. Love your outfit! Mom, thanks for your awesome letter! I haven’t forgotten about the pic. I will do my best to get that to you. I’m just soooooooo busy right now. It feels good though.
Thought for this week: “It is extremely important for you to believe in yourselves not only for what you are now but for what you have the power to become. Trust in the Lord as He leads you along. He has things for you to do that you won't know about now but that will unfold later. If you stay close to Him, You will have some great adventures. You will live in a time where instead of sometimes being fulfilled, many of them will actually be fulfilled. The Lord will unfold your future bit by bit.” - Neal Maxwell.
I love you all, Have a great week!
Elder Nikora Philip Anderson