Monday, February 3, 2014

Mensch! Diese Versetzung ist fast fertig!‏ - and - Happy Birthday Dad!

Man! This Transfer is almost done!

Can you believe how fast time goes sometimes? It is already the 5th week of this transfer. I have been with Elder Gamble in Erfurt already over a month.

But my time in the former DDR (Deutsche Demokratik Republik or East Germany) has been treating me pretty good. It really is a pretty city. My prettiest yet. I like this city it is the biggest city that I have served in thus far, so there are lots of things that I can do.
The Zweig (branch) here is doing pretty good. It could use some growth. But that is why we are here! It is a really cool opportunity to be in a branch this small because there is so much room for growth and improvement. It really does feel as if you are starting from scratch. I am excited to just go all out in this area and try my best to make a difference.
I feel good here. I really feel like I am needed here and that the Lord wants me here. It is definitely tougher than my other 2 areas, but it will help me grow so much more into the future husband, father, son and brother that I am meant to be!

Ahh, also, I got my birthday package!! Thank you so much! I love my Manaia and I am wearing it actually right now as we speak. I never did get the poster board that you had people write on.

You all sound like you are doing awesome. Kowhai seems to be rockin’ it as an SBO and then Business for Dad seems to be going awesome and Mamma, I hope you are enjoying Crossfit and taking care of Dad and Kowhai. And Kyrstin, you are just blessin’ the lives of so many people down in Chile!! So proud of you all . And I just wanted to say thank you for all the love and support that you all continually give me!

So you wanted to hear about where I am living. Look up Markstrasse and Rathaus Platz in Erfurt. I live right there. It is beautiful. Ill send pics next week. I live in an old but really nice part of town in a really big renovated apartment. My living conditions are suppper luxurious. Haha, but really, for a missionary, I got it realllllly goooood :)

So last week. After I left emailing you guys we went to meet Marcel. We met again at the really nice restaurant and got pizza again. We talked about faith in God and sorta just got to know him a little bit better to see where we should try and take things next. I gotta take a pic of the Italian restaurant though. It is seriously one of the prettiest buildings here in Erfurt!

We have got some appointments made for later this week to meet with a ton of potentials. Pray that some of these people will become investigators and that they will progress! So with Marcel and these other people, I will be kept hopefully nice and busy. I really don’t mind going contacting. But I would much rather be sitting down and teaching people!

Speaking of Contacting, I was on a split with my zone leader Elder Richards from Jena. He was telling me about this new contacting method where you go up to some one and show them the Book of Mormon and ask them "Hi, do you know this book?" He asked this one girl and she just looked at him and was like, “Leave me alone! You have already asked me this question in Jena.” Haha. It was pretty funny! I learned a ton from our split though. 

All in all my week was really solid and I like the way that things are headed here. Keep the prayers coming though cause this place kinda needs a little miracle!

Well I gotta go, But I love you guys!! Bis nachste woche.

Love,


Elder Anderson

(I had to add the little birthday message he sent to his dad.  It's Phil's birthday this week.  Happy Birthday!)

Happy Birthday Dad. Thank you so much for everything that you do for me and the family. You are such a huge blessing to my life and I am so glad that we are good friends. I am praying for the family and the company daily! Have a fantastic Birthday!

I love you DAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment