Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ich Bin Bereit Für Meine Kleine Ewigkeit in Erfurt

"Me in front of the Erfurt Dom" (cathedral)
" I am ready for my small eternity in Erfurt."
Me and Elder Gamble (new comp).
 It's cold!!

So I am just gonna cut right to it. (by that I mean the title of this email)

This week we had our interviews with Präsident Schwartz. I love that man, he is so caring and I swear he can just stare into your soul and see everything that is going on inside of your head. I have never met anyone that is so in tune with the spirit. He is an amazing mission Präsident. So in my interview, it was pretty normal, just him asking about me and the area and so on. But then it got sort of intense. And he said  "Elder Anderson. The Lord is happy with you." I was just like oh good, thank you, that’s nice to hear. And then staring into my soul with his piercing blue eyes he said "Elder Anderson, do you know why you are here serving in Erfurt?". And I said, “No, not really.”  And then he said "It is because the Lord wants you here because you can help this area." I was just like oh sweet, thank you Präsident. Then he asked, "Elder Anderson, do you like Erfurt?" I said, “Yeah, its a pretty city and the people in the ward have been really nice to me.” He then said "Oh good Elder Anderson, that is good. Because Elder Anderson, unless an Angle appears and tells me otherwise... You are going to be in Erfurt for a long time." Hahaha! So yeah, I am going to be here for a while. Not sure how long. But according to Präsident, I will be here a long time. I asked how long is a long time. And he just laughed and said he didn’t know, he just does what the Lord wants. So yay! Erfurt. 

Concentration Camp
So, yesterday I wasn’t able to get a message out to you guys because they said we only had 15 min to send messages to everyone telling them that we had to email tomorrow. We are emailing today, because our P day got moved to today because the Concentration Camp is not open on Monday. I just got back from Buchenwald Concentration Camp. It was a really interesting day. Buchenwald is near a city called Weimar. Almost our entire zone came out today to see this place.
It had a sacred and still feeling there. As I was walking around I was thinking to myself, “Wow, this is where it all really happened.” It was morbid going into the crematorium where so many people lost their lives.
Sad, but I am glad I got to go an see just a little bit of History in the Area. Made me realize how grateful I am for everything. Even the little things. My life in general.

So yesterday was also a super eventful day. I was on a split with Elder Brown (not my old comp) . We went out to contact a referral, we got to the house and knocked on the door. The lady answered the door and was like, darn it, the Mormons are here. You could tell she was annoyed. So we asked her if she had any interest in our message. She said "No it’s my birthday I’m busy". To which we said "Exactly! (we had no idea it was her birthday)  We are here to give you a book for your birthday! Its from your friend, she said we should come by for a visit." The lady laughed and we gave her a Book of Mormon and then went on our way. Hopefully she reads it and feels the spirit.

That means,
"To Each His Own"
It is on the front gate of the concentration camp.
Then after that we went to the University in Erfurt. It was our first time there so we were just getting acquainted with it. We got lost in this little building, so this young lady came up and asked us if we needed help. 5 min later and we are talking about Mormons and what we believe and everything. Her name is Judith and she is 24 and married and she said that we could come by sometime and talk more about the gospel. And she also said that anytime we were on Campus to call her and see if she is free to talk some gospel. She has been to the BYU Jerusalem center and knows about Mormons! Wow, it was just a miracle running into this girl.

So right after that amazing little thing, we are walking home. And I remember I need to buy some Dish soap. So we go into the store and see some cologne. I start smelling some. Then this guy walks up to me and says, "Oh, so Mormon missionaries are allowed to wear cologne, it’s not a sin !?" I was caught off guard. I was like who is this guy. He was this 22 year old guy. Super cool. We talked for like 5 min about life and where we are from and then he said, “What are you doing after this? We said, “Oh just going home to make dinner.” He then said, "Well, hey, you seem nice enough. Let me take you guys out to Pavarattis." And we thought he was joking because this place is famous for being one of the nicest places in the city. But he was dead serious, and after just 10 min of being with this guy he takes us to this restaurant and we are teaching him about the restoration and the word of wisdom (because we were offered Alcohol). But how crazy is that!! Met this guy in a store and 10 min later we are on our way to this Restaurant!

So I guess you could say that life is going pretty swell right now. I am grateful that I have the opportunity to serve here. Präsident is an inspired man, and I know that I am here for a reason.

The ward is doing pretty well. There is a bit of fighting but its ok, nothing that cant be changed. 

Have you guys looked up pictures of my area? It’s actually really is super pretty.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH MY GOSH. This guy that met us yesterday just called as I was writing in this email. He wants to meet in 40 min! YESSSSSSS! Man, blessings. He was like, “Hey it’s your buddy Marcel from yesterday. Wanna meet up and talk some more?” So Stoked.

Thank you all for your continual support. I love you all! But I gotta go now. Pray for me and the area!

-Elder Nikora Philip Anderson





Monopoly Night with the missionaries and some of the young ones in our ward!
Of course, I won. Hahaha, dad would be proud.
Older Pic, last night in the Düsseldorf Zone.


No comments:

Post a Comment