Monday, January 6, 2014

Verkundet meine Evangelium Seite 45‏

"Preach my Gospel page 45"

First of all if you don’t already have a Preach My Gospel, I recommend getting one. It’s full of wonderful teachings and it will help you on your way to becoming a better Member Missionary. So in Preach my Gospel, the English version, page 45 it talks about world Religious Leaders and Reformers. One of the Reformers that it mentions is Martin Luther. The man who nailed his 95 theses on the Door of the Catholic Church pretty much denouncing everything that the church was doing at that time. Pretty cool guy. In Preach My Gospel, the paragraph that talks about him starts out by saying    "Martin Luther: Born 10 November 1483 in Germany. Studied at the University of Erfurt and Wittenberg. Guess where I just got transferred to.... Erfurt! 

It is really crazy how fast time flies out here. It’s been about 5 months in Solingen and now I am out. It feels like its just been a couple of days. I have really grown a ton in this area. My German is way better now. And I’ve really just learned how to buckle down and push through things out here. I’ve learned a lot from my two comps Elder Brown and Ruff I’ll miss them. Also I’m going to miss my Buddy Elder Muller. I’ve gotten even closer to that kid out here. He is like a brother to me. His comp for 3 cycles now, Elder Swan will be joining me in the east. Love that kid too. So it’ll be cool being able to see him still. I’m really gonna miss this ward. The bishop here is so awesome and the ward was a really nice one. I’m gonna miss my Deutsche Opa Stan the Man. All in all this area has been really good for me and I have learned what I needed to learn. So the Lord saw fit to send me off! 

Elder Swan, Elder Anderson, Elder Ruff, Elder Muller
 holding Kevin after his baptism.
Good story, so I have been pretty scared of speaking in front of big groups of people in German. This Sunday the first counselor in our mission presidency was in Solingen for sacrament. Since it was my last week in the ward I was asked to speak again! That is 3 times in 7 days! But I guess that old saying "practice makes perfect" is true. I got up and gave a really good talk! Good enough that President Egly of the mission presidency pulled me aside after the meeting and told me that my German is really good! So that made me happy! 

Oh man, Happy New Years Guys! This was a pretty good one. We went up to Wuppertal to spend the night with the Wuppertal, Duisberg and other Solingen Elders . It was really cool because the Wuppertal apartment is on a hill right next to a big Catholic Church. So at midnight we went out on their balcony area and watched fireworks as the church bells were going off behind us. I am really happy that I was able to start off the New Year with my bros Muller and Hawker. As we were leaving in the morning we walked down the street and it looked like a riot had gone down. There were thousands of Alcohol bottles everywhere and burnt out fireworks and other party items! Germans really get into their New Years or Sylvester as they call it. 

This week was good. We did a lot of doors . One lady we knocked into let us in and as soon as she saw who we were she said "Junger mann sie können schön knicken" Haha the lady was like 80 years old and she told us literally "young men you can go get bent over”. Sassy Grandma haha. So that made my contacting story of the week. 

Spiritual thought of the week! 
“As we lose ourselves in the service of others, we discover our own lives and our own happiness.” 
― Dieter F. Uchtdorf. 
I saw this quote earlier this week and it really touched me. Helped me remember why I am out here. I know that as we always strive to help others and serve we will find happiness! 

Well, I’m off to Erfurt this week. I’m really excited for all the adventures that lay ahead! Wish me luck! Love you! 


Elder Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment