Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Kevin . . . Getaufed!‏

Kevin . . . Baptized!

Man this last week was a great one. My first Christmas in Germany, Skyping with you guys, and getting Kevin in the font! 

Christmas here was pretty good, I had a lot of fun experiences that helped me overcome my momentary periods of home sickness! So here in Germany, they have 3 days of " Weihnacht" or Christmas. The first one is called "Heilige Abend". Its on the 24th. The 24th is like their official Christmas when they open up presents and get together as a family . For Heilige Abend we were with the family Pauly. (I just used German grammar) He is our Bishop and he is an awesome guy with a big heart. He invites anyone in the ward that is single or would be spending Heilige Abend alone over to his house so that they can have dinner with him and his little family. While we were there we ate rabbit. They got a rabbit, killed it and skinned it  all in the kitchen. Tasted good. Poor Bunny. 

The next day of Weihnacht the 25th we spent time at the family Wüstehube's home. They are really cool they made us a Turkey wrapped in bacon. It was pretty delish. It was at their house that I got to Skype you guys! So we went up stairs and since it was Christmas we got to watch a movie! Yay. We watched Wreck it Ralph. Its a pretty funny movie. I highly recommend it. 

On the 26. the last day of Weihnachtszeit, We went over to the Bentons for a really big dinner. They are an older couple in our ward, super funny . I’ll have stories about them for days. 

Another thing that made Christmas so fun, was every night the other Solingen Elders slept over at our apartment.  We played some Monopoly (which I, of course, won), ate nachos and just chilled together! 

Thank you guys so much for the packages and thank you to everyone that wrote me a letter . They really made my Christmas amazing! The ties and the candy and everything was just perfect. Thank you, thank you! I love you all! 

Oh man, Skyping . That was really really good. Thank you guys for being there and being awesome. That seriously made my entire life. I love you guys. I’m so glad that everything is going good for you guys. Hey random thought.  I think there is a certain sister missionary in the Chile Santiago Mission that would probably like the video of my testimony auf Deutsch ... wink wink. So yeah, you guys should send it to her! Haha!  But seriously, I loved that Skype session so much. Thank you guys, I love you! 

So Kevin!! Kevin was Baptized on Saturday! Super amazing experience.  Everything went as planned and he was baptized! The service for him was really cool too. Elder Ruff Baptized him and I gave a talk! (My German is good enough to gives talks now, yay!) And then Bischop Pauly confirmed him a member of the Church and all the Solingen missionaries were invited to participate in that. It was really cool, Elder Muller said it, but who would have guessed that we would come from being MTC companions to being in the same city, then to both of us standing in the circle of someone being given the gift of the Holy Ghost! Super cool experience. I loved it! 

So Sunday was a pretty cool day too! The missionaries had a monopoly on church this week, meaning that Priesthood, Relief Society and Sunday School were all meshed into a single 2 hour block where we taught them how to do member missionary work. And then after that, in Sacrament meeting we all gave talks! (I gave 2 talks in 2 days) I really don’t mind speaking in public. . . In English. But German, that really kinda scares me! Haha but I said a prayer and everything worked out ! 

Ohhh another exciting thing, this week we have transfer calls! I really don’t know what is going to happen in terms of leaving and going. I am pretty sure though that I will be getting another companion next week! Exciting times! Time flies, this transfer is already done! 

So spiritual thought of the week is brought to you by Moroni 7:31-32. Kevin told us that his next step in life is missionary service. He read the following scripture and it inspired him and he made the decision that he is going to work on going on a mission.

 "31 And the office of their ministry is to call men unto repentance, and to fulfill and to do the work of the covenants of the Father, which he hath made unto the children of men, to prepare the way among the children of men, by declaring the word of Christ unto the chosen vessels of the Lord, that they may bear testimony of him.
 32 And by so doing, the Lord God prepareth the way that the residue of men may have faith in Christ, that the Holy Ghost may have place in their hearts, according to the power thereof; and after this manner bringeth to pass the Father, the covenants which he hath made unto the children of men."
I love you all so much! Thank you for everything! 
Servus, 

Elder Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment