Monday, January 20, 2014

Erfurt JaWohl!‏

Servus (they say that word out here, yay)

So I’m starting to get into the grove of things here in Erfurt! It’s different, but I know that President Schwartz was inspired to send me here. So all that I can really do right now is work hard and make the most of it. I’m really excited about the potential that this area has and the growth that I believe will begin to take place. 

I was reading this paper the other day about the plan of salvation and it got really deep. It was interesting, but the thing I enjoyed most was them talking about us as individuals and how powerful the mind is. It said "cogito ergo sum--I think therefore I am".  Got me thinking about the area and what I can do to help it out. I am just going to take it day by day and turn this place around with a positive attitude and a hard work ethic. I know that I am needed here, otherwise the Lord wouldn’t have had me placed here at this time.

In terms of people to teach, nothing is really happening right now. So prayers would be really appreciated in that aspect! We will find some people to teach soon, and that will be a really good day.

One thing that I am super grateful for was the opportunity that I had to serve with Elder Ruff. He really opened my eyes to a new way of working with members and getting them really involved in the work. I am going to use a ton of the stuff that I learned with him to try and get this branch moving forward.

This week was a really good week . We had a Mexicanische Abend "Mexican Night" and we made a bunch of Mexican food for the ward and told them to invite friends. It was super successful, we had a good showing. A lot of the time last week was spent prepping for that night.
Other than that we have been trying to contact as many members as possible so that we can strengthen our relationship with them.

Also, I turned 20 years old this last Saturday! Woooooooo 20. It was just like a normal day as a missionary!  My comp bought me an ice cream cone. He’s a good guy.

Well that was my life this last week!

Life is good , thanks for everything guys!

Love Elder Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment