Monday, December 2, 2013

Spaß Woche!‏

"Fun Week"

Hey guys! Happy Thanksgiving last week! There isn’t a Thanksgiving in Germany, so we just had the other Solingen Elders over for some food. This last week was a fun one. And I’m ready to start another transfer in Solingen! 

I love my mission, I am learning so much out here. I am learning so many things that are going to bless my life for the eternities and will make me a better future dad and husband! This is just a great time in my life. It’s really showing me that I can do hard things. All that I have to do is put a smile on my face and keep moving forward with a vision.

I am meeting so many awesome people out here as a missionary, and I am making friendships that are going to last a life time. This last week was sad because my buddies Elders Cochran and Blackley left the zone! Sad day! So to have one more "bro night" I went on a split and slept in Düsseldorf on Wednesday night! 
This is where the contacting story of the week comes in. . . . 

So I went on a split with Elder Swan to Düsseldorf so that we could see off Blackley and Cochran at the train station in the morning. That night we stayed up talking and couldn’t go to sleep, so Blackley Cochran Swan and I sat out on their roof wrapped up in blankets and just talked for a few hours. The roof is right out of their apartment window so we just crawl out the window and chilled on the roof. While we were talking and we heard a window open, we look up and their is a girl just staring out of her window a couple of floors up, but she could only see me. And as soon as we heard the window open we all stopped talking. So all she can see is me looking up at her while I am wrapped up in a blanket. We lock eye contact and so I say (all of this in German) "hi". Nothing. Then I say "I’m from America, what’s your name?". Nothing. So then I say "lovely weather we are having". Nothing. Just blank stares. Then I ask her where she is from, she says Romania. At this point I am excited because she said something. So I asked her what Romania was like. Then she just stared at me, said no and then shut the window and that was that! Haha, I had an awesome night with the guys and it was awesome that we were able to see them off before they were transferred away! 

So as for the work, we got another investigator by means of referral this week! Her name is Najat, she is in her late 20s and she is from Morocco. She has lived a hard life, but she is an awesome lady and she is so spiritual. Our first lesson with her was just a get to know you session, but I can already tell that we are going to have a great time teaching her! 

Kevin is still on track to be baptized on the 28th of December! He is a great guy and I love working with him! 

Spiritual thought of the week comes from the "Big Blue Book" that Kyrstin made me. I was having a rough day last week and I decided to just open it up and read a couple of the quotes. I came across one that really spoke to me and told me what I needed to hear right then and there. 
It said : "You can be excellent in every way. There is no need for you to be a Scrub. Respect yourself. Don’t feel sorry for yourself. Do not dwell on unkind things others may say about you. Polish and Refine whatever talents the Lord has given you. Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with Great and Strong purpose in your heart." - Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley
Reading that was exactly what I needed! Turned my day around and taught me even more about the importance of a good optimistic attitude! 

I love you guys so much, thank you for everything that you guys are continually doing for me. I pray for you all every morning and every night! 

Love you Guys! 

Servus, 

Elder Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment