Monday, November 25, 2013

"Another week in S-town"

MFG!
"Mit freundliche grüß" -  A favorite greeting of the missionaries out here.

Another Solid week in Solingen! Transfer calls were 2 days ago!  I'm staying here another transfer. I'm pretty excited, this area has been good for me, I will also be staying another one with Elder Ruff. It's really been a huge blessing to serve with him, I am learning a ton from that kid! Cool things that happened this transfer, McGinn and Elder Hawker were both called as District Leaders. McGinn is going to Karlshue and Hawker is going to Duisberg! So stoked for them! Also Elder Lassley is coming up to Aachen, that is in my zone! Also, Elder Muller is staying another transfer in Solingen too! 

This week, almost our entire zone went up to Kleve at the very top of our zone to do a street preach! It was so fun to get all the missionaries together and to just chill and see everyone. It was pretty sad though too, cause we found out that our zone leader Elder Blackley was leaving to go down to Frankfurt zone. Blackley is such a stud and he made this zone so fun, so yeah I'll be missin' that kid! 

The work is going pretty good in Solingen, Kevin is still on track to be baptized on December 28th! Keep the prayers coming for him he is doing really well! He is a really fun kid to teach and he is just so primed and ready. You can tell he was definitely prepared by the Lord to meet with us! 

As for our buddy Sebastian, he has fallen off of the face of the planet again. Elder Ruff had scheduled too many appointments on Thursday last week, so Elder Muller and I went on a split out Mohnheim to make sure we could make our all of our appointments! So we drive 90 min out to Sebastian, and guess what, he wasn't there even though we made the appointment the day before! Haha, dang it!! AND he blocked our number! Oh well.... manchmal so ist das leben (sometimes that's life)! 

Haha, to be honest, it is going really slow in Solingen right now, so please send some prayers our way! We could really use it right now! Like, don't worry about me, I'm still happy! It's just slow and there is not much to do when we are not teaching Kevin! 

Wanna know what I am really  starting to learn out here? Patience. Haha. Ya, need a ton of it! Sometimes you have to realize that people have their free agency and we can't force them to do anything!  

Contacting story of the week: So we were in Kleve doing the street preach, and I called up Elder McGinn and chatted for a little bit, and he was like, "Anderson put me on speaker and go and contact someone!" So I did, and the first lady I went and talked to I had a good conversation with here all in German, and she accepted an invitation to come to church! Haha, so I liked that one, it was pretty funny! 

Man I am making tons of progress, life is good and I am happy! I gotta go now though! I'm gonna go chill with Hawker for P-day! 

Servus! 

Love you guys! 

Elder Anderson! 


No comments:

Post a Comment