Monday, November 18, 2013

Meine Gute! Ich liebe die Gelegenheit, die ich habe, ein Missionar zu sein!‏

Just a little side walk art. AKA: The Plan of Salvation!
"Oh Gosh, I love the opportunity that I have to be a Missionary!"

Servus Loved ones! 

Celebrating his Companions birthday!
It is already the last week of the transfer. Menschen kinder this transfer has gone by so fast! I literally feel like it was just yesterday that I was meeting Elder Ruff at the Düsseldorf Bahnhof. Aghh, the 6th week, always full of excitement and fun. I think that Elder Ruff and I have at least one more cycle together though. We have been doing some real good work down here. The ward is really starting to see the light and for the last month every week of church has been focused on member missionary work and the importance of it! It has been pretty cool seeing this ward make the progress that it has made. It’s not there yet, but after about 3 months of grunting and groaning, the boulder that is the Solingen Ward is getting ready to roll. 
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

So last week was a little bit slower. Everyone just sorta fell of the face of the map. But that is okay. It is teaching me how to be more patient. And it gave us time to go do a ton of door to door contacting. yay. Haha. 

We haven’t met with Steven in over a week, he says he is always busy! Shoot!! Hopefully we can get in with him this up and coming week! 

Good news, Kyle (name changed for blog) has a baptismal date for the 28th of December! Yay, we are meeting with him 2 times a week and the lessons are going really really well. He has made so much progress and I love the guy! Such a good spirit about him! He is studying German law, so he has a really complicated vocabulary, meeting with him is really helping my overall understanding of German! 



Workin' hard with friends in the District
The door to door that we did this week was actually pretty good. We went out one day and knocked doors for literally 4 hours. Just walking through Solingen and then into Wald and then Ohligs. Just knocking doors. This is where the cool contacting story of the week comes into play. Me and Elder Muller paired off for a little bit and knocked on about 50 doors. Everyone said no "kein zeit" . It was getting really late and we were all like, “ok lets just go home now.” But Elder Muller was like Anderson, let’s go hit just one more house! So we did, and lo and behold, they not only listened to us for more than 5 seconds, they made out an appointment and they wanna meet again! We spent about 30 min with them just talking and bearing testimony. It is crazy how when you are in those situations the Lord helps makes your German near perfect. So that was not only the contacting story of the week but it was also the miracle of the week. It was such a crazy experience, I am so happy to have had it!! 

The work is really going great out here and I really am so blessed that I am able to serve out here in Germany! I am learning a ton and it is going great! Thank you guys so much for all the support that you give me. I love you guys so much, thank you thank you. Being out here has really really made me realize the importance of families. You guys mean the world to me, thank you for everything! 

Scripture of the week is : Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ Which strengtheneth me! Remember that, you can do anything and overcome anything through Jesus! That scripture has really helped me out while I’ve been out here and had tough days. Just helps me realize what is really important in the big scheme of things! 

I love you guys! Thank you for Everything! Bis nachste woche! 

Love Elder Anderson!! 



The message sent with pic:
"You might wanna blur out 2pacs finger on Martin's shirt"
About the last picture:
Me and ma good friend Elder Nelson out of Köln. We went contacting in Düsseldorf together and ran into these kids. They were so fun. Martin (name changed for blog) the one with 2pac on his shirt really had an interest in the gospel. We found them because we were walking through down town Düsseldorf and I heard Hypnotize by Notorius BIG. We look over and these kids are just blasting some tunes so we decided to go and talk to them. Walked up and was just like, "Hey wie gehts, Biggy Smalls ja?" and that sparked our freindship!

No comments:

Post a Comment