Monday, August 18, 2014

Eine Besonderes Gelegenheit‏

 Me jumping in the air whacking Elder Melanson during the stress relief exercise! 
"A special opportunity"

Elder Melanson hitting me for the stress thing .
Oh man, I wish you could have been there it was so funny. 
Well this week was seriously a blast. We started out this week going to Koblenz for Zone Training. (You need to look up pics of Koblenz. BEAUTIFUL city.) I would say that ZT was a success. We had a ton of fun with it. I gave a thame (talk/lesson thing) on finding joy in the journey. I learned a ton about it. I used a talk from Elder Nelson as the basis for my thame. In the talk he talks about the importance of joy and how in order to obtain joy we need to have a good relationship with God, ourselves and the people around us. After that, Elder Renn gave a thame on stress relief. It was awesome. Literally he had us rolling on the ground with laughter. I’ll send some pics to explain a little. After Zone training we all went and changed into sports clothes. Since Koblenz is a big University town, we went and did some Sport Tracting with the entire zone. We had a good time and I found this guy named Rafael! It was a success. 
Some of the Zone in Koblenz after missing the train. 
After Zone training all the missionaries had to leave. There was a little confusion and we missed our train and so we just got to sit around Koblenz for a few hours and enjoyed one another’s company! 
I love our zone. We have so many solid missionaries here. We work hard and we have fun. 

So later on in the week we had a feeling that we should go by Bianca’s place because we hadn’t met with her for a little bit. We went over and she was home from the Hospital after being there for a very long time. We offered her a blessing of comfort and she accepted. It was awesome, the spirit that was there as we gave her a blessing. She felt the spirit too and got a little emotional. 
After giving her a blessing she told us about her newborn baby. She said he was still in the ICU and he would be there for 2 months. She said that he was staying in Mannheim and asked us if we would be willing to go there and give her son a blessing. We told her we would ask President Stodard and if he gave us the OK we would go. So we called , asked for permission and he said, “yes of course.” So the next morning we left for Mannheim. 
When we got there the family was all there and greeted us with warm hearts and open arms. It was really a cool experience. When the time for the blessing came around, we found out that only one person would be able to go back into the ICU to give the baby a blessing. So I went back and they had me wear a mask and got sanitized. I was able to give this little baby a blessing and it was seriously one of the coolest moments of my mission. Just feeling the love that Heavenly Father has for this baby was amazing. And also it just made me think about the miracle of human life. It was just an amazing opportunity that I had, to bless the baby. 

So yeah all in all this was an amazing week. Had a ton of fun with the missionaries in the Zone and then had a really spiritual experience!  

Thank you guys for your emails. They make my week. Also thank you guys for sending me your testimonies. You guys are all so amazing. I have the best family in the world. I love you! 

Love,

Elder Anderson  




No comments:

Post a Comment