Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Letter From His First Companion/Trainer

As Elder Anderson's dad and I read his letters and his first companions blog, it became apparent to us that our Missionary was in very good hands.  When it was time for transfers and we knew our son would be moving on, to show our gratitude for making the transition into Missionary life such a positive experience, Dad sent said comp a letter to express our sincere joy that our son was looked after by someone like him.  The following is the letter we received in reply.


Brother Anderson!

Just reading the name "Anderson" told me who you were, without even having to read the email. I wish I could tell you guys how much I love your son, but I don't know if I even know how to express it. Elder Anderson was the biggest blessing in my life, and especially in my mission. He taught me so much more than I could have ever taught him, and sometimes I see him more of MY trainer when I look back on those two cycles we had together here in Erlangen. He is such a powerful missionary, much more powerful than I think he realizes. The people here in Erlangen, members AND nonmembers, miss him all the time, and hope he is doing well. He really is one of my best friends out here, and I look forward to every chance I get to talk with him or see him. He's an incredible Elder, and absolutely representing the Anderson name very well. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to send me this email, it means much more than you realize! If there is anything I can do for either you or Elder Anderson, please just let me know and I'd be happy to do it! 

Die Kirche ist wahr! I know it, and I love it. 

-- Elder McGinn

No comments:

Post a Comment