Thursday, August 8, 2013

Woche Nummre Sieben. Verrückt‏


Wow, I am so sorry that I was not able to email you guys yesterday! So here is story time. We had to go to Golden Trainer meeting. Its a meeting where all the trainers and Goldens meet back up and just have a good ol spiritual time with President and the APs. So this meeting was in the Offenbach GemeindeHaus, so we had to wake up at 5 am to get to the Nürnberg Hauptbahnhof and catch our IC train there. We got to the meeting, it was a really good time, I loved seeing my friends Elder Hawker, Emery, Jensen and so on. We  learned a ton and I would say it was a really successful meeting! For reals though, I needed this meeting, I haven't seen these kids for more than 2 months! And they are seriously some of my best friends, so it just really relaxed me and it was good! So when the meeting was done, we left to go and catch our I.C.E train back to Nürnberg which would have gotten us home at about 17:00, leaving me plenty of time to email! But all the missionaries going back to Nürnberg had to catch a S bahn train to Hannau and then we would leave from there. But all the trains had a Verspätung because the power was knocked out by a storm and S bahns run on electricity. So we weren't able to get out to Hannau and we missed our train and we had to catch a train to the Frankfurt HBF and that took forever because we had to have our tickets changed to get there. So we get there and the Frankfurt Train station is the Largest in Germany. It is gigantic. We get there and try to find a train and then we run into Hawker and Jensen, they are on the other side of the mission! Something went wrong and every train was delayed by at least 3 hours and people were loosing there minds and there was screaming and people yelling and running everywhere trying to get home.  People would cram onto a train and then they would announce that that train had fallen out and literally hundreds of people would pour off the train and just sprint down another platform to try and catch another train, and then DB workers would be trying to organize the chaos and then people would start yelling and push past them and just run and then police came in and were trying to help out all the while we are just pinned up against a coffee shop trying to get ahold of the tech elders who are in charge of the tickets. It was just chaos with easily tens of thousands of people. So long story short, when the Nürnberg missionaries finally found a train it was already 21:00 and we have to be back to our place at 22:30. But guess what?  It is a 4 hour ride back to Nürnberg, except for guess what, our train got stopped in a forest outside of Würtzburg for like an hour! Aghhh so we get to the Nürnberg train station well after midnight and then back to Erlangen and our apartment at like 1:30 in the morning! Haha It was madness !! But yeah it was funny, all the missionaries all over the mission were late getting home. It was a crazy but eventful day! So yeah, sorry I couldn't email you! It was a good experience though, cause now I know I can function in chaos, a lot of missionaries were freaking out, but it seriously was so funny. GOOD DAY!   Hahaha.

Other than that my week has been great, the missionary work is going so well and I am loving life. Most of our investigators are on vacation so nothing has really gone on there.

One really cool thing that happened this week was my first interview with President Schwartz. He is such a cool guy, I love him. He is so in tune with the spirit. He literally just stares into your soul. He just stared into my eyes and addressed concerns that I had with out me saying anything about it. And you can just tell that he loves you so much. He told me things that just really got me so pumped and excited about these two years. Love that guy, easily one of the most spiritual moments ever. 

The next day was church, guess who showed up to our ward? Pres and his wife and an AP. So church was pretty awesome. It was fast and testimony meeting and since they were there everyone just talked about missionary work, so having him there really helped out our cause! 

Also will you tell Gma Lala that I am getting all her letters and will you forward my emails to her?

I hope you guys know you are all always in my prayers. Keep me in your prayers they really do help me out and they bring about miracles! 

The scripture for this week is Ether 12: 27

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I  give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that  humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

I have really needed this scripture this last little while. Man this is hard. It really is hard and I'm only out 3 months. But it really has humbled me. Its good for me and its making me a better person. Its turning me into the missionary I want to be. Its shaping my whole future, who I will be as a dad, husband and what I will be like in my professional life. While this is super hard, I am learning so much and I know that in the end it will be so good for me. 

I love you guys! You are all so awesome ! Cant wait to hear from you next week. 

Love, 
Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment