Monday, July 21, 2014

Richtig heiß‏

"Really HOT!" 

Its been nice and hot this last little while. I love it. The weather here can be so deceiving though. Today for example, we woke up and it was just pouring rain and it was pretty cold. So we take our jackets and then an hour later it’s boiling hot again, haha. 

This week was a pretty solid week. we were able to get a car from Frankfurt, so we spent most of the week just driving out to Less Actives that lived more than an hour away. It was seriously a blessing to be able to go out and just be with some of these people. Many of them were just older widows that couldn’t drive the 1 hour to church. We met with one lady in particular named Frau Kegel. Her story is a sad one. Her husband died and then all the kids moved away and so the only company she has is the occasional Visiting Teacher and our Missionary Visit. She was so happy to have us there. It really touched me, just seeing how happy she was to have us come and visit her. I wish we permanently had a car so we could visit her. But it is so hard to get out to where she lives with no car. 

I gave a talk yesterday in church, it was on Liebe und Nächstenliebe (love and charity). It went really well I think. Giving talks in German has now become second nature, so it’s pretty nice not get up there and be super nervous. It’s like second nature now. 

So last week I gave my first Zone Training. Its like District meeting, except for with the whole zone. It went really well. My portion I talked about making missionary work and finding fun and enjoying it. It lasted 45 minutes and we had fun. I was able to get everyone to participate and laugh and have fun. I started out and I just said "what do you like to do ?" And from there we incorporated this big list of things we like to do into missionary work and how they could use these things in their missionary life. I think it worked out really well. 

Also, We are meeting with this Romanian family now. Things are going really well there. They think that we are servants of god and so that is a really good start. Pray for them and for us. They have a ton of potential so we will see how things end up. 

Also, this week I met a man named Herr Rink. Turns out that Herr Rink studied at RWTH in Aachen which helped us start up a conversation. As it kept on going he asked me what I wanted to do after my 2 years and I said I want to be an Entrepreneur. It’s then that he told me that he owns the company that makes all of the laser disc readers for DVD and Blue Ray players around the world and that he holds the patent for that. So we talked business for a long time which was really fun! 

All in all this was a solid week. I love you all!  Thank you all for your continual support. I’m still happy and healthy and the work is going well. 

Spiritual thought for the week is Love. See how you can share love with those around you. No matter who they are, what they have done in the past, or what they believe in.. Show them some good ole Christ like love. Imagine the world if we all just loved one another! 

Love you guys !! 


- Elder Nikora Philip Anderson  

No comments:

Post a Comment